Sunday, September 16, 2007

Open letter to the graduating class of l985 from Nelson High School in Burlington Ontario.
--------------------------------------------------------
Hi there,

I understand that there is a reunion celebrating 50 years of the building that we call Nelson High. Unfortunatley I will not be able to attend.

I am feeling a little bit guilty about this as I was (I am sure few of you remember) your Valedictorian. It was a great honour for me to be given that title and I still mention it in casual conversation all the time. It also comes up at the weirdest times like recently I have been performing with singer/songwriter Bill Wood. Bill was a Nelson grad ten years before us and played in many rock bands back then and sounds great now..anyways, after a few gigs the Nelson topic come up and of course I mentioned I was a Val.

As I mentioned, I will not be making the trip to Burlington this weekend but a few friends will be getting together on the Friday this week to go hear our friend Steve Patterson play a gig here in downtown Toronto.

Steve and I played together in a number of bands in high school including Union Jack, Monolith Document, Drama and Listen.(some pretty corny names huh?)

Anyways, Steve is singing and leading his band this weekend at the Bier Market on the Esplanade near Church and Front St.

They start at 10pm and I will be heading down with some other grads of 85 including Sandy Bulchak, Steve Szigeti, Scott Bainbridge among others.

Hope to see you there. Drop me a line to say hi and I hope you all have a great time in Burlington this weekend!

your friend,
Tim Posgate

p.s. Maybe we should have a 25th anniversary of OUR graduating class in 2010...but I ain't organizing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter