Sunday, April 15, 2007

People tend to complain about being too busy, at least urbanites seem to do this. That would not be my complaint. My complaint is nto being able to do all the things I want to do, see, hear etc. The Images festival is a perfect example; I often say this is my favourite festival but I didn't attend one event this year. I read the program and checked out the website but never made it out...even worse is that it is all right here in my hood.

Oh well...the combination of working, chasing my kids around all day long and making choices with all the great arts that happen in this city, I really have nothing to complain about.

Now, although it tends to be a little expensive I want to get my kids out to at least one event in the Sprockets festival and inspire THEM to enjoy and appreciate all the great things that happen in our city. We don't have mountains, or a sea but we have an endless, worldclass arts and entertainment scene here in Hogtown.

tim
p.s. I would highly recommend reading the great article in Saturday's Globe by Yann Martel. It is a sad reflection of the Conservative government and their lack of interest in the arts and celebrating the legacy of the Canada Council for the Arts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter