Thursday, March 15, 2007

When I started working with the Mere Mortals it just seemed like a fun gig where I could play banjo (and get paid). Now, I am getting so interested in Irish music...heck, its my roots! I so wish my Grandfather Gordon McKeown were still alive. I could play all these great songs that I am learning with him.

It is pretty exciting to apply all these things that I know, or that I am already working on like banjo technique to this music.

I am not really interested (not yet anyways) in learning a traditional Irish banjo style for this band. I am so into Scruggs style banjo that it makes more sense to apply that. Besides, this group is really a fusion of rock, punk and irish music anyways.

The hardest part is keeping up with all the Guiness consumption. So many tunes to learn before Saturday! (my first ever St. Pats Day gig!...in Hamilton at the somewhat famous Gaelic pub downtown...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter