Saturday, September 11, 2004

I just discovered a really interesting project Frisell was commissioned to do with the work of painter Gerhard Richter and some poets.

I kinda wish I had the $200 kicking around to buy it. (I like Richter's work)

Here is a quote from Bill that is pretty interesting. I don't feel I really need to comment on it.

"There is this element of improvisation in what [Richter] does," says Frisell. "One of the things I really connected with was that he's always trying to trick himself into being surprised, to keep himself in a state of innocence. As you get older, it's harder to get the same rush of discovery you have when you''re younger. He works to keep himself in that state of uncertainty and that's something I've struggled with for as long as I've been playing music."

btw,

if this sort of project interests you, I still have some copies of the limited edition, handmade paper, poems, original artwork cover copies etc. of my third Cd; An Eager Leap.

They are $40 including postage.

tim
p.s. team Canada rules!!

tim@guildwoodrecords.com

1 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I also have a site about wake board boats
. You can check it out at wake board boats
.

Also, as a special bonus for your visitors, i want to tell you about a site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam! Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to see if you qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter