Thursday, April 04, 2019

TP monthly newsletter

Hi folks,

I still haven't found that catchy name for my (almost) monthly newsletter. I guess TP Newsletter is better than all the Toronto Maple Leaf-inspired titles I tried on for size in the last couple days since they clinched a playoff spot. 

Of course I have a gig on the first night of their playoff journey; Thursday April 11 I will be heading over to the Tranzac to play our monthly with Collette Savard and the Savants. We usually start at about 10:15. I may be there at 10:14. (hopefully no overtime on Thursday)

The other fun little project I am involved in right now includes my Blog that I have been keeping for close to 20 years and 2000 posts. Yes, I was blogging before you knew what a blog was. (I was podcasting back then too actually!)

It has been a really good run of making good records with my friends over the last year and half. So, I have decided to write a little behind-the-scenes blogpost about one CD per week and I am calling it "Blow Your Own Horn". So far I have written about So Long Seven's Kala Kalo, Ronley Teper's The Game and The Cluttertones' Leeways. Here is the link to the most recent one: 


The next two weeks will be Collette Savard and the Savants and then the Ragtime Orioles CD. Please check them out as the whole point of doing this is to get more people to hear our music. 

Collette Savard and the Savants will be at Grossmans on Easter Monday April 22. 6-9pm means that you might be able to attend! It is a very cool local dive with a lot of history. 

Thursday April 25 Andrew Downing and I are back at Sellers and Newel bookstore. This is such a cool venue. (talk about intimate!) I recommend advance tickets. (you can email Peter online or just drop into the store) Banjo/Cello duets in a bookstore...tell your friends!

Friday May 3 I will be at the Dakota for an early show (7pm) with Ronley Teper's Lipliners. (Ronley and I are touring at the end of May too but more in the next letter on that) 

Thanks for reading, hope the spring brings great new things for us all!

tp

p.s. Go Leafs Go!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter