Sunday, July 20, 2014

To Web or not to Web

I am contemplating my future on the web. Ironic as I often try to stay away from screens on Sundays. (just a random day of the week I have chosen to take a break)

My website is temporarily down and I just paid to renew another year of whatever it is they offer me there at my server. (it should be back up by monday)

Do I really need a website? With Facebook, twitter, soundcloud, youtube and all the places you can learn about, listen to or contact me, what am I really achieveing?

I suppose I could catch up with this decade and have more links to buying my music online as a download. However, I know that you first need to drive traffic to your site and THEN there has to be interest in the music before anyone is buying it.

I do think I should modify my site to let people know I am available for doing banjo studio sessions online ie. sending tracks by email.  This has been a fun and rewarding way to make some money playing music in the last couple of years.  I also play guitar (my main instrument) and mandolin and a bit of fiddle.

Of course I will come over to your home studio to do these sessions if you prefer, but I don't think we need my website to make that happen. Do we? Some of my fave artists either don't have websites or have very expired and outdated ones like mine.

I know one thing for sure; If I update my website I am going to learn how to do it on my own this time. I have been threatening to do that for so long I have to get on it.

So....stay tuned at www.guildwoodrecords.com big exciting changes coming. (or not)


1 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger David Story said...

My website modestly works because it is focused solely on my teaching. The rest of my outbound communications are on facebook, youtube, and my blogs. Good luck as you ponder your question.

Cheers,

David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter