Friday, June 26, 2009

It is hard to get surprised in music these days but thank god it keeps happening occasionally. Tonight I played at the Tranzac with Ronley Teper and the Lipliners. Yes, she surprised us with some songs we had never played before but the opening band was the real surprise.

They are from Wolfville New Brunswick (am I making that up?...am I way off?) Anyways; they are called Thugs @ Bay and they are really fun and interesting. They are a duo with mostly fiddle/voice and Guitar/bass or percussive vocalization. The compositions are well thought out. Interesting use of different metres simultaneously and they have fun lyrics and a great stage vibe.

I hope you can catch them. Apparently they will be at the Tan Cafe near queen and ossington all week as part of the jazz festival. Sorry I don't know more than that. If you are really curious drop me a line and I will try to find out more for you. They are worth it!

tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter