Wednesday, April 01, 2009


Big headline this morning:

The Federal government is passing a law that you must work withing 30 minutes walking (or biking) distance of your place of employment. Effective January 1 2010, people will be knocking on our doors for proof of employment, location etc.

"This is an extreme measure for extreme times" says Prime Minister Stephen Harper. "People need to get rid of their cars, and going to work is not a good enough reason to have a gas guzzling piece of steel that made a huge negative impact on the earth just by being fabricated"

Fines for the first year will include impounding of cars as well as an additional 20% tax on money earned in that fiscal year.

Greenpeace is ecstatic; "I never thought a conservative government could come up with such an extremely positive plan" says Greenpeace representitive.

------------
I was reading this with a huge smile on my face. I thought it was a dream and then I realized I just wanted to say to my blog readers: April Fools!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter