Monday, January 16, 2006

Rented a couple good DVDs tonight; a Salvodore Dali documentary and a Guy Madden film called Careful. Julie and I watched the Dali film. Really good. He was such a freak. Great interviews with him and some of his peers. It was a good reminder of how small most of his famous paintings were. He painted large paintings closer to the end of his life.

It was a bit of a road movie with great footage of NY, Spain and Florida.

A little Dali trivia for you. He did a Rolaids commercial late in his life. Pretty wild commercial. He also did a chocolate commercial which I think I had seen before.

I think the greatest impression the film left on me was Dali talking about how an artist should not be hidden away in his studio but out enjoying and checking out the world.

timmy
p.s. I just spoke with Corry at the Red Guitar and all three nights of the Guitar Series were sold out. Very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter