Thursday, October 13, 2005

It is time to send in my new Cd for the jury to decide if I am eligbible for a Juno nomination. Yes, I have been through this process six times now (and sadly...never been nominated). I guess that means I have invested approximately $450 (not including the cost of all the Cds I have to give them, or the time it takes to apply) in application fees.

It is too bad that we were not able to do more of Canada this summer as part of our Canada and Scandinavian summer tour with Howard Johnson. I will send out some Cds today to the radio stations out West and East in order to try to get some "last minute" exposure of this Cd which has been such a hit here in Toronto on Jazz FM.

It is unbelievable to me (and others I am sure) that I start my morning off thinking about and working on such things. I suppose I shouldn't be suprised as I chose to start (and continue to run) Guildwood Records more than ten years ago.

Although I do have a silly (hopefully cute) affinity for our version of the Grammys that dates back to watching Rush, Triumph, Kim Mitchell et all on the Juno television broadcast in my early teens I really just continue to work on all these business elements in my day to day life in order to sustain and improve my "career" as a professional creative musician.

As I look back I feel this record might be the first time I ever really "deserved" a nomination. I think I have made a recording that demonstrates some strong composition, guitar playing and band leading on my part. It also happens to be a record that people really like.(which seems to be quite important in competitions like this!)

Time to do the post office work before I squeeze in some practising on my instrument.

tim
p.s. Don't forget to checkout my quartet Jazzstory Saturday night (October 15) at the Red Guitar, 603 Markham St. It is a 9pm start and only a $7 cover.

1 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about west virginia genealogy and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about west virginia genealogy so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by west virginia genealogy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter