Thursday, September 22, 2005

It is very exciting to live in a City where there are always new guitarists coming onto the scene. Recently there have been a few who are really good, have a lot to say and will be great additions to the world of jazz guitar.
Nate Renner, Christine Bougie and and Matt Stevens are the three that are on my mind today.

Last night I heard Nate leading a group at the Rex and he sounded really good. I am not suprised when I hear young people playilng their instruments well but when they are doing a good job leading a band and playing interesting original music I take notice.

Nate has a lot of energy, great voicings, excellent melodic and rhythmic ideas and even a great sound!
Thanks to him I feel extra inspired today.

Getting these guitarists gigs at the Red Guitar and letting people discover them has been one of the pleasures of my booking job. Don't miss him at the Red Guitar on October 26.

tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter