Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Posgate Love Letter #34

Hi folks, exciting times with all this music and hockey going on. I hope you are enjoying it too! If you are not a hockey fan; this Thursday night, April 27, simultaneously with the Leafs Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs I will be performing at my favourite venue Sellers and Newel with Andrew Downing. (banjo + bass) We have a very special list of tunes for this gig and we will be playing "double-shots" by composers including Ornette Coleman, Bela Bartok, Neil Young and more. We play two sets starting at 8pm Sharp! (If you can make it; please don't tell me the score of the game as I will be sneaking home after the show to watch it on my pvr) You can call to reserve tickets: 672 College Street 647-778-6345 (or there may be tickets at the door) If you just can't get enough Andrew Downing; he will be playing bass with my Jazz Banjo project at the Rex Hotel (Queen st. W at University) for all five Mondays in May! We are on from 530-730pm. Also featuring Aline Homzy on violin and Kelsley Grant on trombone. This is a fun band. Here is a video from the last time we played at the Rex: https://youtu.be/EHnAIQ3oIL8 Another really fun show at Sellers and Newel is May 6 (my late Mother's Birthday) with Ronley Teper and the Lipliners. Her energy is so big and the place is so small that it may just explode with joy. Can't wait! Dafydd Hughes will be opening with a solo piano set that will be really interesting. (there may be some electronics involved with the lovely piano at Sellers and Newel) Here we are from one of our visits to Berlin (pre Covid) https://youtu.be/YopdisPUiho Here is another one from the great Something Else music festival in Hamilton: https://youtu.be/ObRoWOYTpLc (his tenth annual festival is coming up in June https://somethingelsefestival.com/) Friday May 12 I have my monthly gig at the Tranzac with Collette Savard and the Savants. 7-9pm (I play only electric guitar and love to rock it up!) Hope to see you. Please add me to your mailing list too. I love hearing what people are up to. sincerely, tim p.s. this took me so long to do I have no time left to update my website. Maybe tommorrow. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter