Tuesday, August 07, 2012

playing the music of Bill Frisell

I am playing a fun gig tomorrow (wednesday) at Somewhere There. I am the special guest in a weekly series. We are playing the music of Bill Frisell. It is funny as this is something that I would never have done as I often try to avoid playing music of the people I was influenced by. It turns out (we rehearsed today) that it is going to be a lot of fun. Patrick has picked some great tunes and we are playing a couple of mine too. The band features: Edwin Sheard - Alto Patrick O'Reilly - Guitar Derek Gray - Drums Perhaps the weirdest (of course I think the neatest) part is that I am not playing guitar at all. I am playing fiddle and banjo. We go on shortly after 8pm and play till 10pm. Hope you can make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter