Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wow...they just showed "I Met the Walrus" on television after the Oscars ended...amazing!

It is really worth checking out. A twelve year old kid interviewed John Lennon and this conversation was animated with computer animation...abstract, funny, insightful and beautiful.

I should mention that I also saw one of the other nominees for that category called Madame Tootely Pootely (or something like that) and I am surprised it didn't win tonight as it really is quite heavy too. It was made in Quebec.

tim

2 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that NFB Oscar entry as part of the Ottawa Animation Festival this past September and while it looked fantastic, the story didn't add up for me.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting...not sure what you wanted to add up though...to me it is just abstract art with a beautiful underlying message, great soundtrack (spoken word!) and some contemporary, and interesting animation...
t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter