Friday, October 27, 2006

I don't remember ever feeling so in between things in my musical life. I am working on tour dates for the spring and summer and have almost nothing going on in the current. Sometimes this is the way things go and have to go.

Last night I had one of the most inspired practising sessions in my basement, alone with my strat, thumb and finger picks, jamming with Junior Brown (the freakazoid country singer and guitarist). I really don't know how my interest and abilities in this style have anything to do with anything other than the fun I was having.

I am so happy when I can bring back the feeling of being a kid in a rock band. Ecstatic...for sure. The banjo, the picks...bluegrass...country...not sure.

I am sure that I am excited about playing hockey this morning...hurray! I wish I had a maple leaf player I could pretend to be this morning but all of them looked horrible last night. Hopefully that is just a phase.

mats

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,

just responding to one of your comments from last week re: feeling uneasy in-between projects, gigs, etc. I know what you mean. I feel these can be very useful times to "recharge the batteries" in more ways than just physical energy. It does take some learning to slow down and not immediately kick into freak out mode, but when I manage to stay calm at these times, I'm invariable drawn in to another facet of my life that needs some of my attention. It's always a good lesson in patience.
Go leafs go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter