Monday, June 26, 2006

My four year old decided he wanted to go back to bed after we took his brother to school. (was I going to stop that?)

So I am enjoying a few minutes of computer work. Heather, my sister emailed me a few seconds ago with great news! She opened a book from her childhood and something of great value fell out...an original, hand drawn copy of Leaf Man!!

I don't think I have ever talked about Leaf Man here before. (in over 800 posts!?) Leaf Man was a comic book character that my childhood friend Gary Sumpter and I invented and we "published" hundreds of these hand drawn comic books with such villains as Grass Man, Crable Apple Man among others.

I remember getting so excited when we would make monster issues with what seemed like 100 pages. I haven't seen one of these comic books in over thirty years (not that I remember anyways)

It has been quite a nostalgic couple of days for Heather and I as she gave me my unbelievable 40th birthday present yesterday too.

It is a book of photos of our family that go back to my birth and up to my mid teens. I wish I could show you the cover...I am wearing my first full Toronto Maple Leafs uniform...looking so proud at 7 years old!

It is such a beautiful book. After converting, cropping etc. all the slides and scanning them she had the book made. (i think it is one of the photo developers that offers this...beautiful)

Thanks Heather!
You are my favourite sister. (now hand over that Leaf Man comic!...)

tim
www.GuildwoodRecords.com
Please check out my PODCAST.

2 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so get a scanner already, and scan the sucker and post it for us all to make fun of- er, uh, "see"...
ted

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so get a scanner already, and scan the sucker and post it for us all to make fun of- er, uh, "see"...
ted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter