Saturday, March 05, 2005

some great music down at the Arrayspace last night. We were all really happy with our three guitar and drums band. there is talk of doing it again soon! I quite enjoyed acoustic guitar with my rat pedal.

Joe's group was good too. Modern jazz compositions, lots of energy. Personally, I think they are a bit confused as to whether the group is about improv, composition or what. It has a lot of potential but maybe a bit of streamlining?

the last group was so good! electronics, tape player, grand piano drums. beautiful, lots of listening. Intensity and then subdued beauty. I look forward to hearing them again. this is a group that needs a name! this may have been some of the best Nick Fraser I have ever heard (and he is always good)

I still find it a little weird playing to so few people, especially with so many musicians on the bill. Don't people have friends? (myself included) If everyone there was able to convince one person to come out listening audience would have tripled in size.

It is an interesting thing. It was fun, beautiful, creative....somewhat social...but....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter