Saturday, August 21, 2004

Great fun at the Array Space last night. Helps to have three bands, two of which are large ensembles in order to have a decent little audience for improvised music. However, dividing the money at the end of the night by twenty five people is a little ridiculous. (Yes, art can be a great hobby!)

I really liked the second group; Shitty Keyboard Collective. I also liked their program, being all new compositions under three minutes by each member. (approx ten)

It made for great listening, including the quick and brief instructions given by most composers out loud before the piece began.

I recorded our set of improv on my computer and look forward to listening to it. I rarely record improv music so this will hopefully be a good learning experience. (mostly comparing my initial memories and feelings about the music with the reallity of what the zeros and ones really are that I have captured)

tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter