Sunday, January 29, 2006

Today was a bit of a weird day. Sometimes those are the best eh? I have to confess, I was a little slow and tired after having too much fun at the hockey game and out at the clubs last night. Great seats at the Leaf game...front row greens (thanks Nick!!) and it is raining like crazy here in Toronto today. So...I didn't get to play my usual outdoor, Sunday shinny game. This was a bummer of a way to start the day. We finally got out of the house with three umbrellas and three boys (including myself) and made our way to the AGO. It was really fun and Kim Adam's Dragon Wagon becomes a veritable kids art-playground on weekends these days.

I am watching Grizzly Man (Werner Herzog) as I type so sorry if it is a bit unfocused. It is not really drawing me in (as you could guess by me blogging while watching) so I hope to turn on Jazzbeat at llpm to hear Siena Dahelen (sp?) she is a good singer and jazz composer.

Today I am remined (as it wasn't always an easy day with the kids) that Julie and I have not been away (together) from our kids since Dylan was born...almost 7 years. (I think we are due) It feels like we need a short break...not sure what, not sure where but...

Interesting hearing the Vandermark 5 and then the Mike Murley band at the Rex. Two really good bands, lots of differences and lots of similarities.

Damn, this movie is growing on me...I hate the committment of time you have to make sometimes to watch a movie. I was hoping to do a little editing from my last trio gig or learn how to use the video part of my digital camera.

Nights like this I hear my friend Rob's voice in my head when I say I didn't get anything done tonight (ie practising, composing, booking gigs etc.) Rob will remind me that this kind of R and D is part of my job as an artist.

later,
tim
p.s. it just occurred to me that this movie is VERY blog-like.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Razovsky said...

Kim Adams and Werner Herzog in one blog entry! Now, this is the blog for me!

Thanks,

Stu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter