Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I really can't imagine what it would be like to be a highly celebrated jazz artist. I am having trouble keeping it together with my few gigs here and there and a couple short tours this summer. It certainly would be hard to stay in touch with those you love, especially your lover and kids.

I think the slow development on the business tip is working out for me. It is so exciting and beautiful to have my kids running around right now as I listen to Mike Hansen's pre recorded radio show (he is in Newfoundland) type my blog and do a bit of work.

I am a little concerned about how and when I will get my music together for my Ratgate rehearsal tommorrow.

Ratgate is a new project with Kim Ratcliffe also on guitar, Anthony Michelli and Andrew Downing!!! What a band.

We are performing at the Supermarket in Kensington Market on September 13 in my monthly Guitar Wars series.

Hope to see you there....hope to see me there for that matter.

tim

p.s. I am playing my first gig at the Red Guitar this weekend. The Chris Cawthray Trio, Saturday night 9pm
www.theredguitar.com

1 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger Little Muddy said...

Wow. Talk about synchronicity. While browsing to find what's happening with my old friend Howard Johnson, I saw the tour blurb for your band.

Howard was something like the the best man at my marriage to Beverly
in Boston while I was going to Berklee in 1960. She passed away around 2 years ago.

Kensington Market was my stomping grounds for many years in the 90s and I had a Bike-shop there called Walkers Wheels.

My son is a working guitarist in the area, Marcus Walker.

I'd love to have contact again with Howard altho I'm now retired to the tranquility and breathable air of central Manitoba.

I'm a blogger and I imagine the "Little Muddy" Blogger display name will appear in this post.
Could you please contact me ?
Or say hello to Marcus at his gigs at the Oasis or many other clubs and he'd pass any info on to me.

Thanks. Almost makes me wish I hadn't departed "The Big Smoke"

Little Muddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter