Tuesday, September 28, 2004

today on jazzfm I was listening to a guitar player who I thought was so bad, I stuck around to find out who it was.

It was Ed Bickert!! What!!?? I love Ed....this bugged me to no end. It really made me question my ears, critical faculties etc.

Is it possible it was as lame as I thought while I was listening...? It definitely taught me something: what did it teach you tim??

hmmmm....I suppose it taught me to be less confident or always realise that I could be wrong. Anyways, Ed is so great, I am sure that I am wrong on this one. I might have to pull out a good Ed record right now...it is going to sound pretty weird following the Bary Altschul, mid 70s, high octane free jazz record that just ended...Ah life can be great!

tim

2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the tune that Ed was playing?

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger tim said...

This is new, I am commenting on a comment made on my blog...hmmm. Main reason being that I cannot reply directly as the post was made anonymously.

I dont remember the tune. It was a cole porter tune that was quite bluesy or was being played as such anyways.

tim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter